Sunday, October 14, 2012

T-Shirt Quilt - Part 1 of 2

I am beyond excited about my weekend project. I have been wanting to make a t-shirt quilt for a long time now. My drawers are full of soft, comfy t-shirts that I just can't part with. Perfect solution - make an uber-soft t-shirt quilt.


However, I did not want a traditional 12x12 square quilt. I know I made it more complicated than it needed to be [typical me] - but I absolutely LOVE the patchwork, hodge-podge of this quilt. PLUS -- the fabric was FREE!


Next weekend, I plan to add batting and bind it. Since I can't get soft fabric large enough to back this -- I think I will use a flat flannel queen-size sheet (and it will be super soft like the t-shirts!)

I prefer to *tie* my quilts instead of *sew* my quilts... but I think it's because I had a tied quilt when I was little, so I have a special place in my heart for them!


Once I have this one fully done... then it's time to make one from Tyson's old t-shirts! One day when we have little Andersons, they can cuddle up in our t-shirt quilts and we can tell them the story that goes along with each one.

I can't wait to see how it comes together next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!