Thursday, October 11, 2012

Enter: Mama Bear

My students come first. My job is to put them first. Their education... their development... their health and happiness... all comes first. 

I take my responsibility very seriously. I am responsible for 17 little learners -- and with that comes the responsibility to advocate for their needs.

I pride myself on being a happy, bubbly, easy-going person. With my family, with my friends, with my co-workers. But, is this more important to me than my students? Absolutely not. I'm here for them. End of story.

It may be because I don't have my own kids... it may just be my personal passion for their education... but these kids become my own. Every year.

And when I think my "cubs" are not getting what they deserve... Enter: Mama Bear. 

Our children deserve more than the bare minimum... more than us doing just what is required of us. And just like a good Mama Bear, we must put ourselves second. The kids come first.

I give my kids my best everyday. From the minute they walk in the door to the minute they walk out. 

And I'm proud to be surrounded by many, many wonderful people who do the same.

I expect the same out of every person in education. And if you aren't doing that... you aren't taking your responsibility seriously.

I don't think that is too much to expect. They deserve it.

There. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!