Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Digging for CVC words

Earlier this year, I introduced the sand table to my kids with "Digging for Letters". They loved it. It was a fun, novel way for them to practice letter identification. I loved how much fun they were having, the great fine motor experience it provided, and the responsibility it instilled in my kinders. 

Well, the sand table is back! This time, my kinders are "digging for" CVC words to decode.
  

I wrote a variety of CVC and CVCC words (using all 5 short vowel sounds) on small, plastic tiles (from our math kits). 


The kinders have been digging for the tiles, sounding out the word, and drawing/labeling the word on the recording sheet.


FUN, FUN, FUN practice with CVC words -- I love keep those little hands busy during literacy workstations. :)


Click HERE or on the picture above to download the recording sheet.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!