Saturday, January 5, 2013

Honey-cinnamon roasted almonds

I'm back!! :)

So, today, I had a bag of raw almonds burning a hole in my cabinet. I bought them on sale a while back, thinking I would do something great with them.

Well, I didn't.

Until today! I love this snack -- healthy, barely sweet, and quick. Plus, throw in some dried fruit and/or M&Ms, and you have an awesome trail mix.

I think you'll love it!


Honey-Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Adapted from Shawn Can Blog

2 cups raw almonds
1/4 cup honey (a bit more if you want them sweeter)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 TB sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Sprinkle of salt

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix almonds with honey until coated evenly. Add cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and salt -- mix until incorporated.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and store in airtight container.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!