Sunday, January 20, 2013

100 days of kindergarten! [Snack Mix]

Wednesday is the 100th day of kindergarten!! I am beyond excited to celebrate with my kinder babies. Every year, I try to add more to the 100th day celebration -- and I'm hoping this year will be the best so far!

Each year, we do a 100-piece snack mix. It will be one of the four "100th day stations" during our usually morning literacy workstation time. The kids love making this snack -- and they take such pride in it.

My wonderfully supportive classroom parents donate all the food items. The mix is made with 10 pieces of 10 different snacks [raisins, M&Ms, marshmallows, cheese balls, cookie crisp, goldfish, cheez-its, fruit loops, chocolate chips, and teddy grahams]. 

To help the kiddos count out their "10 groups of 10," I created this grid. I've had a paper in the past, but I fixed this one to include snacks my kids would like -- and of course, I had to make it cuter. :)
Click HERE or on the picture above if you want to do a 100th day snack with your kids, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!