Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dear Mrs. A...

I love my job. Seriously. Love, love, love it.

This week, we have started working on letter writing. This is a great, authentic way to get kinders engaged and interested in writing. They love writing to their friends and family... and it's extra special when someone writes back!

Today, we discussed the essential pieces of a kinder letter -- Who is the letter to? Who is the letter from? What do I want to say?

To practice, I helped each student write a letter to me. And, if they remember to say who it is from... I will write them back! They are always thrilled to get a letter from me.

I brought my stack of letters home with me to write back. I just about cried they were so cute! I just had to share them.

But, this post is just really for me. Anytime I am having a bad day... I'm going to come back to this post to remind myself why I do what I do -- for the kids!!!

[Translation provided for those of you that do not read kinder writing...]


[Dear Mrs. A - How is Frankie doing?]

[Dear Mrs. A - I like Mrs. A. You are an awesome teacher.]

[Dear Mrs. A - You are the best!]

[This one speaks for itself... adorable!!!]

*** I looooove this one! ***
[Dear Mrs. A - I like you. I have a dog, too! I have a lot of friends. You are my best.]

[This picture was on the back of a letter. So detailed and darling!]

[Dear Mrs. A - I like you Mrs. A.]

Love my job. Love my kids. Love these letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!