Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handprint Calendars - Parent Gifts

For the last two years, I have spent the month of December slaving over these handprint calendars. They are time consuming, messy, exhausting... but absolutely darling.

One of those projects that make me say, "What was I thinking?!" all along the way. However, the pride on my students' faces and the happy parents are worth it every time!

I love these calendars. They require simple materials -- cardstock, binding, paint, and hands! But, they capture an amazing little handprint that will never be the same size.

Here's a snapshot of each month:


Front cover [I know you may wipe some away, but these handprints were made to stay. So keep them forever, a treasure they'll be. A special "I Love You" for you from me.]










[That's a ghost on the left. Apparently, this ghost is a partyin' ghost.]


[This handprint tree is upside down... but that's what makes it so cute!]

Well worth the time, cleaning, and paint on everything. Literally. Everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!