Friday, May 24, 2013

Kinder Riddles

I do riddles with the kinders all year long. There's something innate in a five-year-old that loves a challenge, a surprise, a guessing game. They eat them up.

Well, my kinder authors have started writing their own riddle books at the writing station. I am just floored with their awesome writing -- I'm so proud! But, most of the time, the riddles go something like: "I have orange and black stripes." Answer: tiger. They're usually pretty simple.

Yesterday, one of my little darlings shared this gem. I LOVED it! The riddles cracked me up -- and her writing is so cute! So, here are this little author's riddles for you:

[I am blue. I like peanuts. I squirt water.] -- that says PEANUTS!! :)

Answer...

Elephant!

[I am exercise. You use me in P.E.]

Answer...

Jump rope!

[I was today. I am blue.]

Answer...

 Rain!

[I come in the summer. I wreck down houses.]

Answer...

Tornado! -- This one's kind of sad. :( I wish our children didn't have to see these types of tragedies!

[I am purple. I am fruit.]

Answer...

Grapes!

[I am a body part. I pump.]

Answer...

Heart!

[I am up in the sky at night.]

Answer...

Star!

[You use me in the rain.]

Answer...

Umbrella!



2 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like "peanuts" to me! ;) Those are adorable riddles - so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that first one is hilarious. I hope the parent has a sense of humor and saves that one for later in life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!