Sunday, April 22, 2012

DIY $2 Goodwill cake plate


I love cake plates. Even though it's just Tyson and me at home, I always put cookies, breads, and sweets on cake plates. It just looks special - plus it looks great when you have people over! I only have one, go-to glass cake plate. I've always wanted more, but they can be pretty pricey.

Well not any more! Meet the 4-step $2.00 cake plate! Yes, TWO DOLLARS!!! (Plus it's kind of funky and unique!)


Keep reading below for the steps and a photo tutorial. (Thanks for the inspiration Elm Street Life!)



Here's what you'll need:

  • A plate (I got mine at Goodwill for 99 cents)
  • An old sundae glass (again, 99 cents at Goodwill!)
  • Super glue

1. Turn the sundae glass upside down.

2. Turn the plate upside down.

3. Apply glue to the outside rim on the bottom of the glass.

4. Press and hold in the center of the plate for 60 seconds. That's it!!!!

I set a weight on top and let it sit for a couple hours... just to be safe.

TA DA! Now, if you want, keep your eyes open at garage sales and Goodwill for a glass cover. Or just use it for display. Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!