Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday portraits

So, today is my birthday. As a grown-up, your birthday is pretty much just another day. But, I get to spend my birthday with a bunch of five- and six-year-olds who think birthdays are really important. So, that's kind of fun. :)

I always have the kiddos guess how old I am, and today, like always, it was entertaining. The guesses ranged from 8 to 81. 

But, today, I had the kids do something really funny. At this point in the year, our "writing" time exists of beginning journal routines -- how to find a new page, how to write the date, how to draw a detailed picture, how to tell about your picture, and some labeling (mainly copying letters from me -- or maybe listening for some sounds for advanced kinders).

So today, for my birthday, I had all the kinders draw a picture of me in their journals. They are to die for! I love them all -- they are all so different, but equally sweet and cute. Some of the kinders wrote my name, and some even wrote happy birthday ("HB" in kinder-writing). 

So... here they are. Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!