Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thai Chicken and Noodles

Comfort food (n): Food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being; typically with high carbohydrate content and associated with childhood.




This recipe is one of my comfort foods. It fits all the above criteria. 

  • It makes me feel good -- and just makes me happy when I'm eating it.
  • Carbs. Yum.
  • I visited my aunt every summer when I was a kid, and every time she made this dish for me. It always reminds me of her.
  • My only copy of the recipe is on a faded piece of newspaper... and there's soy sauce spilled on it.
See? Comfort food.

It is soooo good, and super easy. Plus, it proves you CAN make something delicious with Ramen noodles!

Keep reading below for the recipe and more pictures...


Thai Chicken and Noodles

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
2 pkg. chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
2 tsp. oil
1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3-4 TB soy sauce
2-3 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup green onions (sliced)

Here we go...


1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken pieces in skillet with ginger and red pepper flakes until golden brown and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.


2. While the chicken is browning, cook the Ramen noodles according to the package directions. After adding the seasoning packets to the water, drain the noodles reserving the cooking water. Keep noodles warm.

3. Once chicken has been removed, add peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup reserved Ramen noodle water to skillet. Cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Add more reserved noodle water, as needed to thin/smooth (I end up adding about 1 cup).


4. When the sauce is nice and smooth...


... add the noodles, chicken, and spinach to the skillet. Fold the spinach into the noodles and keep adding spinach as it wilts. You can put a lid on the skillet for a few minutes to help with the wilting. Add the green onions when the spinach has wilted.


Eat. Smile. Enjoy.

[This makes AWESOME leftovers!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!