Monday, February 25, 2013

Recent favorite things

Best part about snow days and extra days off? Lots of time for baking and sewing! Here are some of my recent favorite things...


Insulated Casserole Carrier

I made this as a birthday present for a friend over the weekend. I had to talk myself out of keeping it. :) Turned out beautiful, and the best part? She loved it. I'll definitely will be making these for everyone on my Christmas list!

Check out the tutorial at 2 Little Hooligans.




Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

These are sinful. So good. They take up the whole morning, but it was the perfect recipe for a snowed-in day. Amazing without frosting... but the cream cheese frosting is to die for!

Check out the recipe at Six Sisters' Stuff.

P.S. -- use heavy duty thread to cut the rolls! They keep their shape this way!




Simple Shredded Chicken

We eats tons of chicken in our house. But, I seriously hate shredding chicken breasts. I recently saw somewhere that you can use your Kitchenaid mixer to shred hot chicken. Worked perfectly! I literally threw the hot chicken breasts in, turned it on for 1 minute, and it was perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!