Friday, August 24, 2012

*10 minute* fish tacos


I love this meal. Definitely in my "Top 10." Why? Well, let me count the ways I love this fish taco recipe:
  • It's light -- perfect for a summer dinner. 
  • It's FAST -- 10 minutes.
  • It's easy -- only a few affordable ingredients.
  • You don't feel guilty after eating it. I never knew Mexican food could taste good without cheese! 


My hubby and I love these. You will too. Make them. Now. :)
Keep reading below for the full recipe and photo tutorial.



10 Minute Fish Tacos
   
4 Tilapia fillets (or another white fish)
Olive oil
Lime juice
Spices - salt, seasoned salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder
1/2 cup mayo
1 packet taco seasoning (or 2 TB homemade taco seasoning - way better!)
1 bag coleslaw mix
Flour tortillas
Salsa (need a recipe? check out my best. salsa. ever.)

Here we go...


1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place fillets in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice - sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. Bake for 10 minutes (or until your desired doneness).


2. While the fish is baking, mix together 1/2 cup mayo, a squirt of lime juice, and the taco seasoning (if you are using homemade, season with salt - you can control it!)


3. Mix in the coleslaw mix. I usually just add until I get the "right" consistency. I end up using about 3/4 the bag. Add a little mayo... add a little coleslaw... get it where you like it!


4. When your fish is done, cut it up...


... and load onto a flour tortilla with slaw and salsa.

DONE! 10 minutes for a delicious - and healthy - dinner! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!