Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glad to be back!


After two days out of school with strep throat (hmm... I wonder where I got that?!) I was so glad to get back to work yesterday. The kids were so sweet and so excited to have me back -- and of course, they had to tell me everything that happened while I was gone. But, one of my favorite parts about yesterday was sifting through my mailbox to find letters from my students while I was away. This was my favorite:


"Dear Mrs. A, I hope that you are better tomorrow. I miss you."

It's hard for me to pin-point why I love teaching kindergarten so much. Everything about kindergarten is wonderful. I will never tire of the endless letters and pictures because they materialize our special relationship. 

Their words just tug at my heartstrings every time I read their letters. Needless the say, this letter definitely helped me feel welcome back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!