Saturday, August 18, 2012

perfect taco soup


This is my favorite soup. It's perfect. It's everything a soup should be... easy, cheap to make, delicious, and can be ready in an hour on the stove - or left all day in the crock pot. I make it year-round, and I've never met anyone who doesn't love it!
  
I got this recipe from a dear woman, and I always think of her when I make it. I've adapted it over the years, but it's still simply wonderful.
  
Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 packet taco seasoning (I use 2 TB homemade taco seasoning)
1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
1 can black beans (do not drain)
1 can pinto beans (do not drain)
2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can corn (do not drain)
Sour cream and shredded cheese for serving (optional)

THREE SIMPLE STEPS:

1. Brown the beef with the onion and pepper. Drain and pour into a large soup pot OR a crock pot.

2. Add both seasonings and all of the canned vegetables. Remember, do NOT drain the cans!

3. Mix it up and let it simmer for 1 hour in a soup pot OR leave it on low in a crock pot. DONE! (gorgeous, huh?)

-- Don't worry, there will be plenty of liquid! -- ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!